Friday, September 11, 2009

Thoughts

I often wonder why I started running.  I'm sure there are many reasons, but I started running because I can.  I can't run very far, I can't run very fast, but I can run.  I run for fun, for stress relief, so I can eat more than I should, and so on, and so on. 

This morning I set out on my run with a few intentions.  My stamina is lagging since I was sick last week; I'm getting that back slowly (just like my running!).  But this morning I ran to remember.  I ran to remember the thousands of people that died 8 years ago.  For those runners who will never run again.  The weekend warriors and the serious athletes.  For the babies that never got to run, and the children that loved to run.  For the mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, grandmothers, grandfathers, sons, daughters, and friends who will never run again; run into each others arms to embrace each other.  I ran for them, to remember them, and to honor them.  I didn't run well, I didn't run fast, but I got it done.

Today we will deviate from our normal school day and spend some time talking and remembering.  And hopefully I will continue to run for those who no longer can, and we will always remember.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Wow mama, that was very heart warming. Thanks.

Nessa