Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ramblings of a tired mom.

I am a tired mom.

Most days I think, “gee, I don’t do much, so why am I feeling so ragged?”  Then I have to remember the 10,000 things I do during the day.  Homeschooling, cooking, baking, cleaning, sewing, running, and all the other “ings” I do. 

I am a tired mom.

I am a lucky mom.

I am lucky that I get to homeschool, cook, bake, clean, sew, run, and all the other things I do.  I don’t want to take them for granted. 

But, I need a break.

Right now I’m listening to my children play, the Christmas music is going in the background, the dough is rising on Mr. Cart.  I am sitting on the couch writing this on my brand-spankin’-new laptop; an early Christmas gift from my parents.  This thing is the bomb!  And now, I can print from….well, wherever!  The computer in my office is slowly dying and I was slowly losing my mind over it.  It’s amazing how much I rely on my computer.  How on earth could I homeschool without it?!  Though I’m sure I could, it would be oh-so difficult. 

So I sit here, a tired mom, listening to her girls play, on a rockin’ new gift. 

Life is good.

I can’t believe that Christmas is only a few weeks away.  For us, our Christmas will be next Thursday while my parents are down here.  Hannah has been busy wrapping a few gifts today and Kali was busy making cards.  Alex had locked me out on the lanai last night while he had the girls working on a something secretive.  Hmmmmm……what were they doing?!  It was so nice out last night, that I could have sat there all night.  I had my ultra-cool laptop playing some Christmas music.   Too bad my harsh and loud-mouth neighbor was out there killing my zen moment. 

We are wrapping up our school work for the year.  I’m really looking forward to having a few weeks off, and I’m sure they are, too.  The two of them can wake up and start playing and not stop until we get them ready for bed!  I want to live in their fantasy land. 

This tired mom needs to go punch down the dough, wash a few dishes, and thank her lucky stars that she has a wonderful husband who is working his butt off to get us out of this economic pit we’re in, three fabulous daughters who are all healthy, smart, and gorgeous, and a lovely bottle of Bailey’s in the fridge to pour in my coffee when I just can’t take any more.  ;) 

No comments: