Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.

I found a recipe for dairy free chocolate ice cream.  I had originally set out to make this for Alex, but the girls and I attacked it and ate it all.  ;)  Good thing, though, since he said he doesn’t like coconut milk anyway. 

DSC09112

The recipe called for 1 can of coconut milk, 2 tbsp. of cocoa powder, and 1/3 cup of sugar.  I doubled it, (knowing my ice cream junkies over here) stuck it in the blender for 30 seconds, and then poured it into a container which went into the freezer for about an hour. 

DSC09114

After that I poured it into the ice cream maker which took about 20 minutes or so.  Um, can I just say HOLY COW!  Or HOLY COCONUT MILK!  This stuff rocked.  I’m thinking next time it might need some chocolate chips dumped in right at the end, or maybe some toasted coconut, or maybe some chopped up macadamia nuts. 

No comments: