Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Kali!!

 

My baby is now 8 years old.  Eight!  I can’t believe how fast the years have flown by.  This has been a year full of awesome changes and my “little” girl has really blossomed recently.  She is probably one of the funniest people I know and has lightning-fast comedic responses.  We get whacked with Kali zingers all day long.

We are going away next weekend for her birthday; it’s what she wanted to do.  Yesterday we just hung around here and had a nice, quiet day.  I was thankful for that since my migraine seemed to want to stick around for another day.  Blech.

Here’s Kali’s day in pictures.  Mind you, she refused to get dressed at all, so all her pictures are with her pj’s!  Winking smile 

 

DSC01913

Mary came and spent the night with us.  She did the big chalk board for Kali. 

DSC01915

And then snored right next to her sister.  Smile  This is just so cute.

DSC01917

 

DSC01918

Someone was happy to have her whole bed to herself.

DSC01919

 

DSC01922

 

DSC01925

I made some blueberry pancakes and then she wanted to open gifts.

DSC01927

Mary got her Sirius Black’s wand from Harry Potter.  I feel a wand fight coming on soon.

DSC01929

 

DSC01930

 

DSC01931

And then Mary got her movie passes so she can see the next Harry Potter movie in July (or is it June?).  Kali was thrilled.

DSC01935

We got her a new game for her DSi

DSC01938

 

DSC01940

Hannah got her a Tangled doll.  I almost caught the hug!

DSC01941

Mary doesn’t like me.  At all.

DSC01942

Oooh look!  It’s pumpkin face Mary!  I’m diggin’ her new nose piercing.  Very cute.

DSC01946

Kali opened up Grandma and Grandpa’s gift.  Oh my! 

DSC01948

She was so happy! 

DSC01950

 

DSC01951

They hung out and played the new DSi game.

DSC01957

Hannah made her an awesome birthday banner. 

DSC01959

 

DSC01962

Someone didn’t like getting up so early, so she went back to sleep.  Smile  She left right before lunch.  Bye Mary!!!!  And may I add that my awesome oldest child just got 4 A’s!!!!  She’s a rock star and we are so proud of her. 

DSC01964

Kali asked for my cinnamon coffee cake as her birthday cake.  Yay!

DSC01969

I was able to ‘veganize’ is and it was incredible!

DSC01971

The twins.

DSC01983

After dinner (I made General Tso’s Chick’n) it was time for cake.

DSC01987

 

DSC01992

OMG.  This was just a huge pan of sugary goodness.  I think we were all on a sugar high afterwards, especially since we also had vanilla ice cream with it.  Then we crashed.  Hard. 

Happy Birthday to my awesome, silly, sweet, loving, funny, to-the-point, creative, sarcastic, smart, beautiful, and full-of-light Kali Olivia.  I love you, I like you, and I am thrilled to be your mom.

No comments: