Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother’s Day

 

I hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day!  I had a particularly lovely one this year; it was very nice.

I woke up early to get in a nice 5 mile run.  Taking care of my health is a top priority of mine.  I cannot be a good mom if I am an unhealthy mom, and I want to be around a long time for my girls. 

I got home, hopped in the shower, and came out to a table of gifts and cute kids. 

DSC_0011

They made me wait a bit while they started making breakfast.

DSC_0008

Shhhh…don’t tell Alex I have a half naked picture of him on here.  lol

DSC_0006

Kali was too busy being goofy to help cook.  Dang, I really need to clean off the school shelves, don’t I?!  That box on top needs to be sent out.

I couldn’t take it any more and had to open stuff.

DSC_0021

The girls got me my favorite vegan candy and made me some sweet cards.  Oh yummy! I also got an awesome card from my parents.  Smile  They will be here in a few weeks!  Speaking of girls, I did not see Mary on Mother’s Day (waaaaaaa).  She was in Atlanta at the Bull’s game.  I should see her some time this week/weekend.  The Bulls lost that game, too.  Not nice!

 

DSC_0023

This is my most favorite Mickey shirt.  The one I have has been well-loved and it’s starting to show it.  Alex got me a new one!  It was all wrinkled from the bag; I promise I do not go outside all wrinkly. 

Rapunzel!  Rapunzel!  Let down your hair!

Kali had to go take a shower after breakfast.  Here she is after I took her braids out.  Gosh she’s adorable!

Unfortunately, Alex had to work, so he gave the girls some money and told them to take me to lunch.  We ended up just going to Chipotle and eating outside in the cool shade.  I love eating outside as long as I’m not melting.  My girls are so much fun to hang out with, so we always have a good time.  Then we went to the Sport’s Authority (running bra and shorts), Old Navy (found nothing) and Target (Kali got a new dress, Hannah and I got some shirts, and Hannah got a new bra – gasp!). 

We got home just in time for Alex to get there and start dinner.  I didn’t have to cook a thing all day long!  After dinner I promptly took an hour-long snooze on the couch.  Mmmmm…..so nice.  Then I woke up and ate my awesome Mahalo bar. 

And all these cool pictures on this post are taken by my most awesomely cool new dSLR!!!  Oh yeah, baby!  Mama got her camera (thank you, Mr. Tax Return!).  I am now the most happy owner of a Nikon D3100.  Now I just need to figure out how to use all of the setting on it.  Anyone want to teach me?!

Mother’s Day this year was great.  I got to relax, got some awesome gifts, didn’t have to cook or clean, and got to shop with my girls.  Well, most of them anyway!  Hopefully I will see Mary soon.  ♥

No comments: