Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving




Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends and family (and if you're reading this and we've never met, I still consider you all friends).

It has been one of the most stressful years of my life.  Between the failing state of our economy (global and personal), having my oldest daughter go off to college, turning 40, and life in general, I am ready for a little sanity on my plate tomorrow.

When times are good and things are going smoothly, it's easy to forget how wonderful the simple things in life are.  While I would not wish hard times on anyone, I will say that I am grateful to them for a few things.  I can now stretch a dollar further than silly putty, I can entertain my children for damn near free while still going places, I've learned that making nearly everything from scratch is wayyyy cheaper than buying chemicals in a box, and I've turned my car into "lawn art" more often than not. 

So be it cheesy or not, let us all pretend we're sitting around my dinner table now.  (The food smells good, doesn't it?!)  What are you thankful for this year? 

I am thankful that my family is healthy.  I'm thankful that all of my children will be eating dinner with us tomorrow.  I'm thankful that Mary has excelled so damn well in school.  You rock, Mary!  I'm thankful that I have a husband who, not only puts up with me, but is the best daddy ever and works his arse off.  No one works harder, is more dedicated, and believes that things will get better more than he does.  No one is more honest than he is.  I'm thankful for my sewing and cooking skills.  While not fabulous, they get the job done and I love being creative. 

What do I wish for?  Ahhhhhhh.......I wish to be out of this pit.  And we will.  And once we do, I want to help others who are in the same rough spot, because I know how bad it sucks, how lonely it can be, and I've learned many things that hopefully will help someone else out.

So tomorrow, I hope you are all surrounded by friends and family, good food, lots of laughter, and love.  Oh yeah, and football!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.


No comments: