Saturday, November 21, 2009

I'm such a slacker....or.....Downtown Disney, a week later.

Really, this should have been done much sooner than this.  I have no good excuse.  I wasn't whisked off to some exotic location, I wasn't held hostage by my children, and I certainly had enough time to get this done.  I'm just a slacker right now and I'm okay with that.  I'm embracing my slacker-ness.  ;) 

Last weekend we met up with some friends at Downtown Disney for the Festival of the Masters art festival.  It was really nice and I have to make sure we go back next year.


There was a ton of stuff for the kids to do.  Hannah was making a crown for herself.  Kali was upset about something (I think daddy ticked her off somehow) and refused to join in. 


Vanessa and Bella were in there, too. 


They had this lego spot where you could make a square with certain colors that were marked on it.  Once they checked it, you brought it over to be put on this big wall. 


Kali decided she was no longer ticked off and got in on the fun. :)


And then the guy checked your number and put your square in the appropriate spot.  For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what the picture was supposed to be.  It's Buzz and Woody from Toy Story. 


We walked around and saw lots of fabulous art. 




Check out that bear!  Look closely.....


The bear (and the dog) is entirely made out of nails!  Crazy, isn't it? 


We had to take our usual boatride across the water.  The weather was absolutely perfect that day.


I asked Alex how much he loved me.  This is what I got.


Then he decided he loved me a little more.


Then Hannah asked him how much he loved football.  I think he needs to sleep on the couch after that one.


Bella and Kali hanging out by the water. 

Me and my happy margarita that Vanessa and Chris got for me.  It was yummy.


Buzz and Woody after more progress.


We went over by La Nouba and let the girls run off some steam for a while. 


We all hung out in the grass for a while.  I think that was my favorite part of the day, just chillin' in the grass. 


The chalk drawings were spectacular.




They were crazy-good.


The windows are decorated for the holidays.  :)


Sunsets at Disney are always pretty.


We had a blast.  I am ready to go back again!!! 



No comments: