Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

Well, I hope everyone had a lovely Halloween.  It seems as though once Halloween is over, the rest of the year flies by in a nanosecond.  I have a million things to do and I better get started on them all.

I was so afraid that Kali was not going to be able to go Trick-or-Treating with us.  She had been sick since the previous Saturday and still wasn't completely better.  Poor thing had the cough from hell that kept her up a lot at night. 


She fell asleep on the couch right after the Gator game started.  Thankfully, she got a good 2 hour nap in.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd make a downright gross dinner for my kids.  Nothing says love more than cauldrons floating on maggots, blood clots, and liver chunks, right?


Appetizing, huh?  It was stuffed zucchini on risotto with tomatoes, onions, and peppers.  It really was yummy.

I made some mummy dogs, too.


Just some pretzel wrapped hot dogs.  They're lovely with a side of maggots, you know. 


Oh my.  Someone remind me that she's only 8, please.  I kept telling her "Tell mama how much you love me."  And she kept laughing.  Darn kid. 


Hey, look!  Princess Jasmin decided to wake up and join us.


Which evil villaness is that?!  Hannah just seems amused and not scared.  Darn kid, again.  I'll get her yet.


Really, she's only 8.  And not wearing heels.  I am in trouble.  But why is she grabbing Jasmin's chest?!  That darn kid!!!


There was this crazy-wonderful house down the road a bit.  People were lining up just to take pictures; it was nuts! 


Kali wanted nothing to do with this house.  I think she kept her eyes closed until Hannah was done there. 


Daddy had to run home with the princess for a bit for a much-needed potty break.  By the time he got back to us, we had met up with some friends and were heading our way back home.  There were still plenty of houses for Kali to go to, and by the end she was tuckered out and needed to be driven home in her carriage.  Poor thing hadn't moved in nearly a week, so all that walking knocked her out. 

Hope everyone had an equally fun evening!

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Awwww! They looks so cute! Hannah is becoming quite the lady and I'm so happy that Kali is feeling better.

I loved the look of your pretzels too! Yum! That cart is getting it's use that's for sure.