Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!!  I hope you are all having a fantastic day.  I've been totally spoiled so far today and am enjoying the heck out of it.

I woke up super early and did a short 2 mile run, came home, watered my plants, and hopped in the shower.  Alex made me some coffee and I enjoyed that while reading the paper. 

All the girls got up and I got breakfast in bed!  A pepper, onion, and cheese omelet, turkey bacon, english muffins, and hash browns.  The little ones made me the cutest cards, and Mary got me a "best mom" Mickey keychain.  Oh yeah, and Alex got me a card, too.  :)

I lounged on the couch for a while, did some computer stuff, and then channel surfed some more.  Lunch was heavenly!!!  Fresh warm bread out of the oven, sliced, topped with goat cheese, sliced tomatoes, and basil, and lightly grilled.  Mmmmmmmm.  That is my new favorite.  I also had some yummy watermelon.

Dinner, which I just finished, was fantastic!  Grilled shrimp with a spicy marinade that Alex made, brown rice, and veggies.  Can Mother's Day be every day?!  There's a pot of rice pudding simmering now, and I also hear there's rootbeer floats.  Kali loved the one she had on her birthday and has been begging for more. 

We ran out and did a few errands this afternoon.  Of course, I robbed CVS again.  I'm too lazy to take pictures, so I'll tell you what we got.

I did two purchases at CVS. 

#1:
4 Shick Quatro razors (8.99 ea)
1 Bayer quick dissolve asprin (2.00)

Total - 16.97 - after coupons, etc.
Saved - 15.99
ECB's earned at the end - 14.00

#2:
2 bottles of Osteo Bi-Flex (gotta keep those knees happy while I'm running!!!) (41.99 ea - they're on BOGO this week)

Total - 5.00 - after coupons, ECB's, etc.
Saved - 78.98! 

Then we stopped at Target.  Their Charmin is on sale for $10 for a 24 pack, and if you buy 2, you get a $5 gift card.  We picked up that and some other stuff. 

Now I'm having a cup of coffee and soon I'll be enjoying desert!  Tomorrow, I run it off.

Hope everyone has had as enjoyable a day as I have!

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day to me! You ate very well too! Go Alex and the girls!

Nessa