Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Spice Rack and hey - what happened to that darn menu?!

I have this really cool spice rack that my dad made me.  I decided it needed to be reorganized after my mom had a field day in Penzy's (thank you mom!) and I found a killer deal at Publix.

Wanna see my rack?!  ;)


Don't ask me why I still have that food coloring up there.  I really should just toss the stuff out.  Kali can't have food dyes so I never use them.  I did see that King Arthur Flour has a line of all natural food dyes; I may have to try those out one day.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my spices from Penzy's.  Their stuff rocks. 


That 4/S smokey season salt is DA BOMB.  It's really yummy on popcorn, too.


See all those grillmate spices?  Got 'em all for free at Publix this week.  They're on buy one/get one free, I had coupons for them all, which made them -.01 for me.  I got paid a penny each to take them out of the store. 

Of course, then there's the 'bulk spice' section of my pantry......


There's chili powder, cinnamon, sesame seeds, cumin, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, and some other stuff on that shelf.


Then there's the fennel seed and paprika.  I make my own italian sausage, so I need lots of fennel seed.  At least I know what's going into my sausage and it isn't a bunch of chemicals or other weird crap.

And then there's the menu:



I keep meaning to change the picture on the right side of the blog, but I never quite get around to it.  I'm going to do it this way now and get rid of the little picture.  So stop looking for it there!  ;)

Yes, Alex's birthday is on Monday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!!  He'll be 40-something.  I'll never tell.  Well, unless you ask, and then I might.  Hopefully he'll have a very enjoyable birthday.  I shall spoil him with food and whatever else he wants. 



2 comments:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Happy birthday to your hubby!! Mine will be 33 soon and is having a minor melt down about it. lol!

Beautiful spice rack! Mine is so miss matched with bottles from everything that have been reused a million times from the bulk spice section. It looks so shabby in comparison to yours. (BTW, GREAT deal!!)

Val

Nessa said...

Very neat and tidy mama! Yours looks so much nicer than mine. The other day my herbs de provence bottle was stuck to the shelf and had some lovely goo on the bottom of it. Thanks to the honey jar that people can't seem to wipe down when they use it. So I did have to do a quick wipe down.

Your dad rocks man! You are lucky enough to have "original" and hand made pieces of furniture and items in your home.

I stocked up on the hand soup that was 5 for $5.00 and I had a $.35 off each coupon. So I paid $3.25 for all five of them. Don't need hand soap for a while.