Sunday, February 14, 2010

Nothing says “I love you” more than fried dough.

 

I’ve made baked donuts before, though it’s been quite a few years since I’ve done that.  Not my favorite things in the world.  Then I decided I would make some regular fried donuts for my people for Valentine’s Day. 

OMG.

I need to detox.

Badly.

Those things are FABULOUS!  Of course, I couldn’t eat just one.  Noooooo.  Not even just two!  Three of them hopped up on my plate along with a few of their little donut hole friends.  I need a 12-step program now.

HELP!

I mean, really, what looks better than this?

DSC07691

 

They were heavenly!  Alex and I made a fun team in the kitchen this morning.  I rolled them, cut them, and fried them.  He glazed them, sprinkled them, and cleaned up the massive mess I made. ♥

DSC07678

 

Frying up in my cauldron.  These puppies cooked in less than 2 minutes.

DSC07680

 

You can smell them, can’t you?  Warm, freshly glazed donuts that were lighter-than-air.  OMG.   

DSC07690

 

Pink sprinkles for Hannah and white ones for Kali.

DSC07688

 

And since that just wasn’t enough carbs for the day, I’ve got some burger buns rising on Mr. Cart.  I’m going to put some burgers on the grill later on, along with some green beans, and hopefully a salad.  And then I will start my detox.  But, boy, was it good while it lasted today!

 

Hope everyone is enjoying their Valentine’s Day!

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Holy wow mama! Those look heavenly! I mean, better than Krispy K!!!

I'm drooling over here and I don't normally eat them! ;o)