Monday, February 1, 2010

A potpourri update.

Wow, I’ve been so busy that I have not had a chance to update anything!  So I now have a bunch of pictures and a few little blurbs to share.

 

I made some multi-grain bread.  I have to say I think this might be my favorite sandwich bread ever.  The little ones loved it, and Alex loved it, too.  I will have to make it again, soon.

DSC07588

Looks like I didn’t roll up the seam quite tight enough!  Oopsie!

DSC07589

I made some peanut butter cups for Hannah’s birthday.  They were peanut butter cups on steroids.  Holy cow, they were good!  Next time I will make smaller ones, though, so we don’t O.D. on P.B.!

DSC07590

 

DSC07596

I only make cinnamon rolls for birthdays and holidays.  I wish there was a holiday every dang day.  These things are awesome!

DSC07601

Kali loves shopping for everyone.  She couldn’t decide on what to get Hannah and was stuck on two different things.  I told her that we would only pay for one of them, so she said she wanted Hannah to have both things and she paid for the other one.  Now that’s some sister love. 

DSC07612

She really likes to draw, so we got her some drawing books.  She just drew Winnie the Pooh for me.  I’ll have to post it on here later.  I wish I could draw something more than a bad stick figure!

DSC07625

Kali and Hannah decided they would frost all the cupcakes.  I got thrown out of the kitchen.  Yes, that is frosting out of a can.  I can’t do everything around here!

DSC07631

Hannah said she didn’t want a cake until Mary got there to celebrate again.  So we had cupcakes on her birthday and cake the next night. 

DSC07635

I love when they vacuum!

DSC07638

Mary’s here!!!!

DSC07639

I thought she loved me! 

DSC07640

Check out Hannah’s eyes.  This is right when she figured out that Mary just gave her an iPod for her birthday.  Precious. 

DSC07648

 

DSC07660

Today we started a bunch of seeds during school time.  We’re doing basil, sage, oregano, and peppers.  Tomorrow we may start some other ones.  The girls are keeping a journal of our planting process. 

DSC07670

 

That’s all the update I have for now. 

Our van is still dead.  Being without a car……..well, lets just say I don’t recommend it at all.  I realize things could be worse, truly I do, but it still sucks not having a car.  But my grill is fixed!  If it stops raining, I may grill some chicken on it tonight!

No comments: