Saturday, January 22, 2011

Double digits!

 

My middle baby is 10.  TEN!  I cannot believe it.  How on earth did she get to 10 so darn fast? 

We woke her up with some Stevie Wonder “Happy Birthday to you” music; it’s a tradition around here.  Here’s what she looks like when we storm into her room while she’s sleeping……

DSC01207

DSC01208

She finally got out of bed.  Smile 

There were gifts and cinnamon rolls on the table……

DSC01219

DSC01220

DSC01221

DSC01222

DSC01223

DSC01224

DSC01225

DSC01229

DSC01230

DSC01231

DSC01234

DSC01236

DSC01237

DSC01238

She got money, gift cards, a Build-A-Bear dog (that she will go stuff tomorrow), and books.  She got Mary’s gift later on that day.

I promise there were more than 5 cinnamon rolls, too!  I made 2 pans and the bigger one was still up on the counter.

She got dressed and I finished making frosting for her cake and we put our lunch together for the day.  I am no cake decorator.  At all.  Not.

DSC01206

 

DSC01240

 

DSC01243

Can I tell you how much I love these containers?!?!?  They are da bomb!  I made a Quorn roast and sliced it up for sandwiches.  I made the focaccia bread, too.  I also made pasta salad and broccoli slaw.  Yummmmmmmm.  Alex got some blue corn chips, too.

DSC01244

It had been storming all morning.  Sad smile  I thought it would clear up, but it rained on and off the entire day.  Not good!  We had originally planned on having a picnic in the field by La Nouba, but the rain forced us over to the Polynesian.  Gee, such a pain.  Lol.  We enjoyed our lunch and then Hannah wanted to shop.

DSC01246

She bought some perfume at the Polynesian and a keychain over in Downtown Disney. 

Mary joined us around 2:30.  We met her over at Downtown Disney and then went over to Baby Cakes (in the spot where McD’s used to be – now it’s Fresh A Peal and Pollo Camparo).  We ended up getting some chocolate chip cookies from there.

Check out the many faces of my girls:

DSC01248

I think Hannah wanted Kali’s cookie!

DSC01249

 

DSC01250

Um, Hannah, no drinking until you’re 21!

DSC01252

 

See how much they love each other?

DSC01253

Uh oh, maybe I was wrong!

DSC01254

Yep, there is no love here!

DSC01255

 

DSC01256

Then they started playing with my phone.

DSC01257

 

My starving college student was, well, starving!  She talked us into going to eat early.  Off to House of Blues we went!

 

Didn’t I tell Hannah no drinking?!?!  I don’t think she listened to me.

DSC01258

She almost ended up on my dinner menu.  Smile 

DSC01259

 

DSC01260

After dinner Mary had to take off and get home.  She had to get up at the butt-crack of dawn for work today.  She’s coming over tomorrow for cake and hopefully a good football game!  Oh yeah, I nearly forgot!  She gave Hannah tickets to Universal.  Smile  She is soooo excited!  We’ll go in 2 weeks when daddy has a Friday off of work again.

We all went home after some more shopping and had cake.  Really yummy cake.  Smile

 

DSC01261

She wanted strawberries on her cake.  I only put a few on there so it didn’t get the icing all soggy.  I have more in the fridge waiting for her!

DSC01264

And she also wanted strawberry ice cream.  OMG.  This stuff is awesome!

DSC01268

And so is this girl.

DSC01265

Happy 10th Birthday to my most awesome, beautiful, funny, smart, and creative daughter.  You are my favorite 10 year old in the whole universe.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! Looks like she had a wonderful day, regardless of the weather! ;o)