Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Week 5 - Day 1

I was supposed to go running yesterday, but it was super cold (for us Floridians) in the morning, and couldn't rouse myself out of my nice, warm bed.  Baaaaaad me.  So I went this morning, and dang it, it was colder!!!!  But I went because that's what I had to do.

This week is a bit different. 
Day 1 is warm up 5/run5/walk3/run5/walk3/run5/cool down walk 5
Day 2 is warm up 5/run8/walk5/run8/cool down 5
Day 3 is warm up 5/run 20/cool down 5

Holy shit.

The first 5 minute run was horrid.  I was frozen, my muscles were not happy, and my lungs were pissed off.  I was thankful for my 3 minute reprieve.  The second 5 minutes I slowed down a bit.  My legs felt better and my lungs were much happier with me.  By the time my 5 minutes were up, I still had some gas left in my tank.  Interesting.  The last 5 minutes were neither as bad as the first 5 or as good as the second 5.  I finished with air still in my lungs and feeling in my legs.  :)  Hopefully on Thursday I'll be as happy with those 8 minutes as I was with the 5 minutes. 


No comments: