Thursday, November 20, 2008

Week 5/Day 2

I woke up to freezing temperatures this morning.  Brrrrr!!!  When I went out to the car, I turned on the wipers to get the "fog" off the windows.  Yeah.  Not fog.  FROST!  My windows were iced up!  So I sat in the driveway for about 10 minutes while the windows defrosted.  FROST!  Not a common occurrence down here in November. 

I got to the park and realized I was the only one there at the moment.  Hmmmm...could it be because it was FREEZING?!  I did my warmup walk with my hat and hood on, silently cursing the freezing air.  My warmup walk ended and then it was time for my first run.  8 minutes.  EIGHT minutes.  The first 3 minutes were killer and then I finally caught my breath and got the feeling back in my legs.  I finished the entire 8 minutes.  Go me!!  Then I walked for 5 minutes.  The last run was another 8 minutes.  Ugh.  At first I thought there was no way in hell I could do it.  The first 4 minutes had me swearing, the little hills were killing me, but I gave them attitude right back.  The next 3 minutes were okay, and the last minute could have done me in but I wouldn't let it.  Phew.  I made it!!  I was fairly amazed with myself as I huffed and puffed for my 5 minute cooldown walk. 

Saturday's run (or it might be Sunday this time) is supposed to be 20 straight minutes.  Twenty.  Wish me luck.

No comments: