Saturday, November 22, 2008

Week 5/Day 3

The alarm went off at 5:15 this morning and I was sooo not happy about that.  Hannah and Kali had come into our room around 3:00 and they were all snuggled up in bed with us.  Why on earth would I want to leave that?!?  I smacked the snooze and stayed there for about 10 minutes.  Finally I argued with myself enough and got out of bed.  Brrrrrrrrrr.  For some reason we seem to have the coldest room in the house during the winter, and Mary has the hottest room in the house during the summer. 

I got dressed, brushed my teeth, and headed off to the kitchen.  I grabbed my morning usual - water and raisins.  How exciting, right?  I read my email, stretched for about 10 minutes, and then warmed up the car.  Brrrrrrr.  Really, shouldn't I just go back to bed?! 

There was no one else at the park when I got there.  I started up my iPod and listened to Robert on my couch-to-5K podcast.  I walked for 5 minutes and then he said to start my 20 minute run.  Who was he kidding?!  The first 5 were killer; it was so chilly that my muscles immediately were pissed off at me.  The second 5 minutes were getting a little better.  Robert proclaimed me 1/2 done at the 10 minute mark.  By this time I think I lost all feeling in my legs, though I had finally found my lungs.  By minute 15 I lost my lungs again and regretfully felt my legs.  I was not going to stop though.  The last 5 minutes were pretty good but I knew I was running out of steam.  Heck, I run slow enough as it is that people walking could possibly pass me up! 

But I made it!!  I did all 20 minutes!  Holy heck.  Who would have guessed, right?!  I got home, started up some coffee, and hopped in the shower.  Ahhhhhhhh..............

Week 6 starts on Tuesday for me.  Wish me luck.

No comments: