Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful Thanksgiving

 

Well, now that the food is done, leftovers are almost extinct, and I have awoken from my post-Thanksgiving coma………….

here is my Top 10 List of Reasons I am Thankful this Thanksgiving.

1)  My kids are healthy, Alex is healthy, and I am healthy.  Health is priceless.  It is not something that is just a given, and if it’s important to you, you need to work on it.

2)  My husband has a job.  No matter what the news prints/reports/etc., our economy still sucks and the unemployment rate is still high.  We are very thankful.

3)  Homeschooling, no matter how much I lose my mind over it, is awesome and I am thankful for the ability to educate my girls. 

4)  Running.  Keeps me healthy and reduces my stress.  Of course, that makes everyone else around here happy!

5)  Coffee.  ‘Nuf said.

6)  Growth.  No, not my waistline, but my brain.  If you do the same things all the time and never change and grow, you’re just stagnant.  Stagnant is bad.  Anything worth doing takes effort and time; don’t let time pass you by while you’re being stagnant.

7)  Dairy-free chocolate.  ‘Nuf said again.

8)  Hope.  Yep, that’s what the girls named our van.  Without her, how could we get to all the fun places we go, pick up our groceries, run our errands, and get to the gas station.  Winking smile 

9)  Cooking.  I love to cook.  I love that I know I am feeding my family healthy foods and I love that they like nearly everything I make. 

10)  Last, but certainly not least, my friends.  I am thankful for each and every one of you.  This has been one heck of a year and without you guys I think I would have gone completely insane. 

No comments: