Thursday, February 5, 2009

Frozen Thursday

I swear I moved south about 10 years ago. Really, I did. But when I woke up this morning, it was about 23 degrees. In February. In FLORIDA. Okay, so I'll be bitching when it's 95 in the shade soon enough, but dang it, I don't like 23. There was no way I was going to run; I'd end up with icicles on my eyes!

I have this strength training dvd that I've been using for the past 2 days (because of living in the arctic down here). I really didn't think it was going to do that much for me. I was wrong. Oh so very wrong. More wrong than I've been in a while (women are never wrong though, are we?). My thighs and my butt are on fire! Ever muscle in my body, besides my big toe, hurts like hell. It's good though. It's that good hurt that you get when you know you're making some sort of progress. I like it. I'd like to be able to sit down without wincing though. Hannah keeps laughing at me. Laugh it up big girl, mama will get you when she can feel her legs again.

Hopefully tomorrow it won't be so cold and I'll try to get a few miles in.

I just pulled a loaf of bread out of the oven. It's cooling off nicely on my counter. The only good thing about freezing is that you can bake and not worry about the a/c going on! I have some white bean rosemary soup for dinner tonight, too. I'll be feeling fat and happy when I'm done with that. Yummmmmmmmmm.

Hannah and Kali did a drawing for history today of the gods and goddesses of Greece. Somehow, Elvis ended up living on Mt. Olympus with the rest of them. My girls are goofy.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

How was that white bean rosemary soup? Man, that sounded yummy!

Nessa