Monday, February 16, 2009

Shop 'til you drop!

Or at least look as cute and sleepy as Kali did.....




She decided that this was the best way to start her Sunday morning - in our bed with a sleeping mask on. 

All of my little seedlings are now living in their own homes.  The girls and I finished moving them today.  I'm not sure what ended up with more dirt - the plants, the floor, or the girls.





Some didn't get in the pictures yet.  :)  Keep your fingers crossed that my 'black thumb' doesn't kill them any time soon.

I realize that I haven't blogged about any great shopping deals lately.  Oops!  I ended up going to CVS and Walgreens this morning.  This is what I came home with......







Here's what I got:

Walgreens:

1 Thermacare Heatwrap
6 Lysol Wipes (sure, chemicals....I know, I know.  But some days I'm so busy, it's easier for me.  Plus I don't let the girls run around behind me and lick stuff.)
2 Ajax Dish Soaps
1 Garnier Fructis conditioner
1 Bic Soliel 4ct Razors
2 Revlon Creme Lipgloss


Total before sales: $57.19
Total after sales/coupons/and the $10 on my rebate card from January:  $14.05!!!!  Plus I'll get another $17 on my rebate card next month.

CVS:

3 Suave Cucumber Melon Body Wash
2 Colgate Total toothpaste
5 Gillette Shampoos
2 Gillette Venus Razors
2 Neutrogena Sunblock Sticks
6 Stayfree 'damnit I hate my period' packs of women's 'stuff'

Total Before sales:  $111.66.  Holy hell!
Total After sales, coupons, etc.: $56.51
Amount of Extra Care Bucks I have to use next time I shop: $46.00

I had rolled my "ECB's" for as long as possible, which was about 3 months.  So I went again today to buy more stuff (that we'll use) and get as many ECB's as I could.  Next time I shop, I can buy $46 worth of stuff and not pay a dime.  Plus, I'll buy stuff (that we'll use) that will give me more ECB's and roll them as long as possible again.

That's the end of my shopping update. 

I have some garlic herb bread rising in the kitchen to go with our pasta and meatballs tonight.  Yummy.  Though right now I'd love nothing more than a nap.  Hmmmmm.....

No comments: