Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Seedlings and Sleeping

Well, I was supposed to get up and work out this morning. Supposed to. That is, until a migraine the size of, oh, a speeding meteor, slammed into me yesterday. By 4:30 I was on the couch dying and promptly fell asleep. Thank goodness for Alex who swooped in and took over while I slowly died. I woke up somewhere around 7:00, ate a bit, and snuggled back under the blankets while begging for drugs. I think morophine would have been lovely at that point. I settled for a few Excedrin and some cal/mag. Of course, with all that sleep I got, I was up until nearly 2:30 am, and there went my morning workout. Tomorrow I shall go running and hopefully get in at least 2 miles.

I am, once again, feeling overly ambitious and decided I'd start some plants from seeds. Have I mentioned that I cannot grow things? Children? Yes. Plants? Nope. I did manage to keep my basil alive last summer and my rosemary is still going strong. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

So here's what the girls and I have done over the past 2 days.
This was yesterday's seeds. I managed to get this much done with them, and then croaked on the couch. Since I have no clue what I'm doing with these seeds, I hope I've at least done them right. We'll see.

The one on the left is from today and the other one is from yesterday. I think I have a mini-greenhouse going in the kitchen. Hey, it's warm and away from direct sunlight like the directions said to do. It's also under a 'plastic dome' like I could have bought but decided to use my fabulous bread bags instead. ;)


Hannah and Kali are both taking pictures of what's going on and recording things in their nature journals. Yes, it seems as though I have another photography monster on my hands; Kali asked me to set her up a blog, too. She told Alex that she'll pick out the pictures to put on there and ask mommy for help in typing stuff in since she can't do that yet. Awwwww.

Google Earth has a new update (go get it!!) and I installed it earlier today. On it, you can "fly" over to Disney and check out all the parks and hotels. Literally you can go down to street level and check everything out with great detail. The kids are having a blast on it and Kali cannot wait to go to Epcot for her birthday.

In my next life, I'm coming back as Tinkerbell.

No comments: