Monday, April 6, 2009

Funny!

I read an article (linked from a parenting board that I'm on) that just cracked me up.  It's called "The Bitter Homeschooler's Wish List.  It's so funny, that I thought I'd put a few of them on here from time to time, just to share a good laugh.  Well, those of you that homeschool will laugh with me.  They're all oh-so very true.

#2 (on the list) Learn what the words "socialize" and "socialization" mean, and use the one you really mean instead of mixing them up the way you do now. Socializing means hanging out with other people for fun.
Socialization means having acquired the skills necessary to do so successfully and pleasantly. If you're talking to me and my kids, that means that we do in fact go outside now and then to visit the
other human beings on the planet, and you can safely assume that we've got a decent grasp of both concepts.

#16 Don't ask my kid if she wouldn't rather go to school unless you don't mind if I ask your kid if he wouldn't rather stay home and get some sleep now and then.

Those are two of my favorites.  I'll post more as the days go on.  Hey, I don't want to give all the laughs away at once!

No comments: