Monday, October 12, 2009

A jam session.

It's that time of year again.  Time to make some jam.  I kept putting it off for, well, way too long.  I just got lazy on the jam making and decided it was time to fix the situation. 

First I made a batch of Dutch Apple Pie jam.  OMG.  Can I just drink this stuff, please?


Seriously, this stuff rocks!  I have some that was leftover from the canning batch and it's sitting in my fridge.  Tomorrow morning it will be lovingly poured on top of some pancakes.  Oh yeah, baby!

Then yesterday I decided to make a batch of peach jam.


I used larger jars for these, so I ended up with only 3 of them.


And here they were this morning all wiped off and labeled.  Awwwwwwwwwww.


Mmmmmm........I wish we had smell-o-vision.



I think I'm going to do another batch of each one and then I might do some strawberry jam.  I did find a recipe (with really good reviews) for banana nut butter.  I'm still deciding if I want to try that one.


1 comment:

Nessa said...

OMG!!!! I wish I had smellovision! They look so delighful! I can imagine how good that is on pancakes...drool.