Saturday, October 11, 2008

Running

Well, I really can't call what I do "running." It's more like trying not to look like a complete dork while attempting to move at a pace faster than walking. But since that's too long to type out, we'll just call it running.

I was back at the park around 6:50 this morning. I'm on the last day of the first week of the couch-to-5k program. I made it all the way through without turning blue and needing oxygen. That's a good thing. Monday I start week 2. Hopefully I'll make it through that without much swearing. I'm determined to do this. I realized that the only difference between me and someone who really can run a few miles is this - nothing. I just need to get off my ass and do it. And just like everything else in life that one wants, you have to be more than interested in it, you have to want it even though that it might not be easy. Losing weight wasn't easy, but I wasn't going to be fat anymore. Birthing an 11 pound baby without drugs or a 2x4 wasn't easy, but I wasn't taking any drugs. And homeschooling these girls isn't easy, oh helllllllll no, .........hey, maybe I'll take those drugs now and it will be easy!!!!

Gee, I'm rambling. What else is new, right?! It's what I do.

Alex brought me home two rosemary plants today. Since I haven't killed the basil yet, I figured I could give ol' rosemary a whirl. Lets hope she doesn't suffer at my hands.

No comments: