Thursday, January 29, 2009

Celine Dion concert

Holy shit - what a night! Here's a little video that you can watch while you read. :) Of course, I cannot watch it without crying big puddles; it's one hell of a song.




I've been waiting over a year to see this concert! Mary got me the tickets last Christmas and I've had them in my black book just waiting for last night. As always, life gives you lots of roadblocks and things to overcome, so I wasn't sure what was going to happen last night or if we were even going to go! (long story, don't feel like going over it - don't worry, no one has grown 8 heads or anything, just life in general).

Hey, now that you're done with the first video, here's another one for you:




I won't be able to run to this song without more big puddles. Good thing I run in the dark.

The opening act by Gordie Brown was hysterical! He's a comedian who does parodies of singers and actors. OMG. Mary's favorite was the parody on Elton John. It had something to do with a thong and was sung to "Don't let the sun go down on me." I'll leave the rest up to your imagination. I was dying with fits of laughter.

I won't go into concert details, that would get a little mundane after a while. I am glad that I DIDN'T bring my camera. I didn't want to worry about trying to get pictures while I was trying to enjoy the concert. And see, now y'all have videos to watch anyways.

The concert was amazing. I cried like a baby for half of it. Thank goodness for the sleeve on my jacket! And speaking of amazing, we had amazing seats! We were on the main level (not the floor) just to the center of the stage on the right. OMG. The stage was amazing, the lighting, the dancers, and all the other stuff that was going on, too. The show she put on, while making me bubble over in puddles, was fantastic. There are no words to describe what it was like to sit there, with my growing-into-a-woman-teenage-child, (oh shit, more puddles) enjoying some much needed stress-free time, and singing (since no one could actually hear me - thank god) while replaying the past year in my head (since I've waited that long to go).

Here's one last video for y'all to enjoy. I think I'll take this day to reflect on a bunch of things. I'll probably do that over some bread dough and laundry. Oh the fun!






Hey Mary..... since I know you'll eventually check your old mama's blog.....
Thank you. Thank you for an amazingly fun night with my amazingly fun daughter.
And just think, someday you, too, can have a $10 beer.

No comments: