Friday, January 23, 2009

Eight

Hannah is 8!  EIGHT!  How on earth did eight years zoom right by me - again?  My middle child is growing at the speed of light.  She is funny, intelligent, beautiful, and has a sarcastic sense of humor.  Hmmmm.....she must be my child! 

I spent a fantastic day with Hannah at Hollywood Studios for her birthday.  (Alex and Kali were at Sea World, since "free on your birthday" at Disney would have sucked us dry getting all of us in, and Mary was in school.)  We went on Tower of Terror and screamed like crazy.  Oh my gosh, I thought I was going to fly out of there!  We went on Rock n' Rollercoaster where were screamed more - twice.  We went on a bunch of other things and giggled like mad.  Even though we were frozen, the day couldn't have been more perfect.  For our late lunch/early dinner (which we have dubbed Linner) we went to the Sci Fi Cafe.  Hannah decided she had to order from the adult menu.  She said "moooooom, I'm eight!  I'm almost an adult!!"  Ha ha ha.  They knew it was her birthday, and she got a yummy hot fudge sundae for dessert. 

Speaking of the whole Disney/Birthday thing, they certainly do go out of their way to make your day special!  We were in a store getting some gloves (yes, we were FROZEN!) and suddenly Goofy called Hannah to wish her a happy birthday.  Then during the parade, if anyone saw her button, they'd yell out "Happy Birthday" to her over the speakers.  One cast member gave her a Tinkerbell pin.  It went on and on and on.  She was beaming.

And while we're at it, please check the top of this blog for a tab marked "Hannah's World."  It will link you to her brand-spankin'-new blog.  She should have some pictures up there soon, too. 

I had to do a little changing on this blog, too.  Poor IE kept giving me fits with this, so I had to take some things out.  Of course, now I have stuff to put back in and rearrange.  Oy.  Never a quiet moment, right?!

Back to the birthday girl............

After our wonderful day at Hollywood Studios, we went back to the hotel and met up with daddy, Kali, and Mary.  The next day we all went over to Sea World for a few hours.  Hannah was dying to get on Kraken with Mary, but Mary was a bit freaked out to take her on.  Hannah won, and loved it so much that they went on twice.  Mary still can't believe she wasn't scared.  Thankfully it was a bit warmer out that day, too!  We ended our fabulous two days with dinner at Red Lobster (thank you Pat and Bill!) and got home around 9:30.  I was very happy to see my bed.

Hannah got a really cool Kodak digital camera from grandma and grandpa for her birthday.  She went a little 'picture happy' and took 254 pictures while we were out of town.  She is like me, isn't she?  I went picture happy, too, and took about 420.  We'll both put up some pictures, but certainly not all of them!

Tomorrow, I take my lazy butt out for a run.  I was mad at myself when I realized I could have run from the hotel over to Downtown Disney and went around there.  Dang it.  Though I was totally exhausted from the day before, it would have been great!  Next time. 


No comments: